We’re Stitch & Story, and we’re all about reimagining craft kits for the next generation. Started out as a series of knitting classes, we have repackaged the workshop experience into beautiful all-in-one-kit supported by online video content that has globally inspired many to get hooked. Our mission is to make crafting simple through our online store, content and social media - the creative seed starts with us. We’re loved by over 50+ thousand people across social media and the curiosity continues to grow.
So far, we’ve raised over £2million in venture capital funds and we’re on track to go for our Series A next year, to become the world’s most loved crafts kit brand. We’re in the process of setting up new global territories and collaborating with exciting global brands including Pusheen and Hello Kitty. You will be working alongside our Creative Director to maximise the capabilities of our Shopify platform and improve the current tech stack.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Developer with strong experience of Shopify and building innovative solutions within high-growth e-commerce startups. You’ll be the first developer to join our small but ambitious team and will be instrumental in shaping the technology roadmap that will take our business to the next level.
ABOUT THE ROLE;
- Understand the current infrastructure and build the technical roadmap for our Shopify platform.
- Push the capabilities of Shopify’s limitations and develop creative solutions using pre-existing templates and apps.
- Upcoming projects include building a solution to merge our international global storefronts together, developing the subscription box model tech and building a personalised experience for our crafters.
- Work alongside the UI/UX designer to improve our customer journey touch-points and produce seamless, robust, innovative front-end user experiences.
- Work closely with UI/UX designer to build, test, learn and iterate robust solutions based on customer problems.
- Work closely with our current agencies and build a strategy to bring these resources in-house.
- Set the tech standard which will be fundamental for the direction of technological decisions and team structure.
- Extensive experience of using Shopify or Magento.
- Highly experienced working in eCommerce web and mobile web development.
- Competent in at least one backend language.
- Up-to-date with good principles and practices across engineering.
- Good communicator and have the confidence to engage with key business stakeholders.
- Relish the opportunity to work in a high-growth startup environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Strategic-minded with a hands-on approach.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme membership and generous staff discount. You’ll get to work in an exciting, high growth start-up and we will support you in your career path with a personal development map outlining skills and responsibility milestones as well as future progression and salary reviews.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the job and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!