You’ll be reporting directly to the Creative Director, and working closely with the creative and marketing departments to arrange shoots and ensure photography/video assets are delivered to their highest quality.
The ideal candidate will have the utmost attention to detail and high technical ability in Adobe Photoshop. You will primarily be responsible for image editing of photography/videography, performing quality control on images, creating guidelines, and sharing feedback with freelance photographers and videographers.
is to make
We’re Stitch & Story, and we’re all about reimagining craft kits for the next generation. Starting out as a series of knitting classes, we repackaged the workshop experience into beautiful all-in-one-kits supported by online video content that has globally inspired many to get hooked. Our mission is to make crafting simple through our online store, content and social media - the creative seed starts with us. We’re loved by over 60-thousand people across social media and the curiosity continues to grow.
As a category, crafting is worth £51bn globally and there are 34 million knitters in the UK. So far, we’ve raised over £2million in venture capital funds and we’re on track to go for our Series A next year, to become the world’s most-loved crafts kit brand. Stitch & Story sells in 50+ countries and operates a Stitch & Story LLC subsidiary company in the USA. The founders, Jen and Jennifer, are ambassadors to the government’s Department of International Trade Exporting is Great Campaign.
We’re in the process of setting up new global territories and collaborating with exciting global brands including Pusheen and Hello Kitty. We’re stocked in well-known department stores including Liberty London, TJMaxx, Boots, Nordstrom and Anthropologie.
We were recently featured in a top BBC news article amongst Netflix and Boohoo as one of the five companies booming during the lockdown.
• Work closely with the Creative Director to create creative briefs for photographers and videographers
• Support the Creative Director and Designers with shoot planning and styling
• Source models, props and samples for shoots
• Arrange collections and drop-offs to shoot locations
• Attend photo shoots (when it’s safe to do so)
• Be responsible for basic image and colour correcting for products and editorials
• Create packshot images for each new collection
• Oversee and manage the image repository
• Be responsible for the entire image process to ensure a smooth workflow with the wider business
• A strong portfolio demonstrating commercial product retouching skills.
• A keen eye for detail
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with other departments
• Excellent organisation skills
• A pro-active can-do attitude
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Agency or inhouse background considered
• Have a strong commercial understanding
To apply, please send your portfolio, CV, cover letter
outlining why you’d be perfect for the job and salary expectations to email@example.com.
We’re excited to hear from you!