Commercial (B2B) Manager
We’re Stitch & Story, and we’re all about reimagining craft kits for the next generation. Started out as a series of knitting classes, we have repackaged the workshop experience into beautiful all-in-one-kits supported by online video content that has globally inspired many to get hooked. Our mission is to make crafting simple through our online store, content and social media - the creative seed starts with us. We’re loved by over 60+ thousand people across social media and the curiosity continues to grow.
As a category, crafting is worth £51bn globally and there are 34 million knitters in the UK. So far, we’ve raised over £2million in venture capital funds and we’re on track to go for our Series A next year, to become the world’s most-loved crafts kit brand. Stitch & Story sells in 50+ countries and operates a Stitch & Story LLC subsidiary company in the USA. The founders, Jen and Jennifer, are ambassadors to the government’s Department of International Trade Exporting is Great Campaign.
We’re in the process of setting up new global territories and collaborating with exciting global brands including Pusheen and Hello Kitty. We’re stocked in well-known department stores including Liberty London, TJMaxx, Boots, Nordstrom and Anthropologie.
You will be working alongside the CEO, COO and Creative Director and the rest of the management team as you grow the B2B channel in the UK and Internationally. You will be responsible for driving a significant growth in both sales & profit for the B2B channel globally through existing accounts & by winning new accounts and license deals.
ABOUT THE ROLE;
- Grow the sales & profitability of the B2B channel for Stitch & Story in the UK & Internationally.
- Manage the existing accounts in the UK and International, through close relationships with all the retailers enabling S&S to exploit all sales opportunities / additional growth.
- Manage the critical path for all new product for the B2B channel - ensuring that the product team at S&S develop successful tailored products for each retailer & that S&S margin is always protected.
- Ensure all information requested by retailers is supplied in an accurate & timely manner.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure all operational requirements are met.
- Understand all sales data & react immediately to any under / over performance.
- Any changes to existing contracts to be negotiated carefully, including ensuring that all returns & rebates are understood.
- Maintain the B2B product catalogues to show all current products available.
- Work with the Chief Executive to win new accounts in the UK & International and negotiate terms (both Bricks & Mortar retailers as well as online). Create all pitch presentations required for all new retailers.
- Work with the Chief Executive to negotiate new license deals, managing the critical path for all new licensed products, forecasting sales & volumes and ensure strict monitoring of all royalties.
- As the sales opportunities grow, you’ll have the opportunity to manage a small commercial team in the USA. There will be some travelling to the USA involved.
- You will also be required to source new products including but not limited to researching & investigating suppliers, managing product samples, negotiating prices, managing samples with suppliers including mills.
- Proven experience of account management & growing a B2B channel
- Strong understanding of B2B economics, margin & profitability
- Buying experience including sourcing & price negotiations
- License negotiations experience
- Experience in managing a small team
- A hands on & go-getter approach, willing to take on additional tasks.
- A track record of exceeding revenue & profit goals and consistently hitting targets.
- Strong Team Player with a desire to be part of a team disrupting a traditional industry.
WHY WORK FOR US?
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme membership and generous staff discount. You’ll get to work in an exciting, high growth start-up and we will support you in your career path with a personal development map outlining skills and responsibility milestones as well as future progression and salary reviews.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for the job and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!